The Tatamagouche Festival of Soil, Soul & Society
August 18 - 27, 2017
Tata Fest is a 10 day experiential festival that is designed to foster learning, conversations, and build community. There will be workshops that invite your participation, children’s activities, music, art, and local fare. The full calendar of events offers many diverse experiences, including:
- Creamery Square - Margaret Fawcett Norrie Heritage Centre, Tatamagouche Farmer's Market, Grace Jollymore Joyce Arts Centre and the Tatamagouche Boat Shop make up this community gathering place. Several activities will occur here throughout the week.
- Blueberry Festival - Jost Vineyard noon-5PM. Music by Signal Hill $15
- Maritime Marionettes - Jack in the Beanstalk at the Grace 6-7 PM Aug. 22
- Sara Bonneyman Pottery - The Dirty Side of Tatamagouche - 10:30 AM - 12 noon. Aug. 23
- Tatamagouche Yarn & Company - FibreFest - 10:00 AM - 5 PM. Aug. 22
- Northumberland Arts Council - art exhibit at the Fraser Cultural Centre with opening at 6:30 PM on Friday the 19th.
- Beckwith Bash - Saturday, Aug. 20, good music, good people and good food! Tickets online $25
- Dave Gunning, Aug. 19 @ The Grace Jollymore Joyce Arts Centre: $25, 7:30 PM.
- Bard by the Bay - snippets of Shakespeare live on The Senator's Stage on the 26 & 27th at 4 PM.
- Brule Point Golf Scramble & Washer Toss Tournament - Teams of 2 at $30/person Aug. 27th. Proceeds to the Tata Fire Department
- Balmoral Kirk - Tomato/Tomato Aug 25th @ 7PM Tickets $20
A stunning seacoast setting provides the beautiful backdrop for this festival. While here, we encourage you to take in other sights and sounds, from our bustling farmers markets, unique local sites and quaint shops to our delightful restaurants and accommodations, beaches and secret swimmin' holes.
Join us as we create a space to learn about ourselves, one another, and living in and creating a more caring society.