The Tatamagouche Festival of Soil, Soul & Society
August 17-26, 2018
Tata Fest is a 10 day experiential festival that is designed to foster learning, conversations, and build community. There will be workshops that invite your participation, children’s activities, music, art, and local fare. The full calendar of events and entertainment will be announced closer to the event but highlights will show up as they are booked, including:
- Creamery Square - Margaret Fawcett Norrie Heritage Centre, Tatamagouche Farmer's Market, Grace Jollymore Joyce Arts Centre and the Tatamagouche Boat Shop make up this community gathering place. Sean McCann headlines the activities that will occur here throughout the week.
- Fraser Cultural Centre - Soil, Soul & Society Art Show Opening Friday Aug 17 at 7:00 PM
- Blueberry Festival - Jost Vineyard Saturday Aug. 18 noon-5PM.
- Séan McCann at the Grace 7:30 PM Aug. 19 Tickets $30
- Sara Bonneyman Pottery - The Dirty Side of Tatamagouche - 10:30 AM - 12 noon. Aug. 22
- Tatamagouche Yarn & Company - FibreFest - 10:00 AM - 5 PM. Aug. 22
- Northumberland Arts Council - art exhibit at the Fraser Cultural Centre with opening at 6:30 PM on Friday the 24th.
- Beckwith Bash - Saturday, Aug. 18, good music, good people and good food! Tickets online $25
- Unforseen, Aug. 23 @ The Grace Jollymore Joyce Arts Centre, 7:30 PM.
- The Kitchen Party at the Grace featuring Keith Mullen, Meaghan Smith, and more. 7:30 PM Aug. 24
- Tatamagouche Free School will operate it's 13th year from Aug 24 - 26.
- Jost Vineyards - Furlong and Smith will play Aug. 25
- Bard by the Bay - snippets of Shakespeare live on The Senator's Stage on the 25 & 26th at 4 PM.
- It's not Tatafest without TataBrew! Visit our very own craft brewer on Main Street throughout the week.
A stunning seacoast setting provides the beautiful backdrop for this festival. While here, we encourage you to take in other sights and sounds, from our bustling farmers markets, unique local sites and quaint shops to our delightful restaurants and accommodations, beaches and secret swimmin' holes.
Join us as we create a space to learn about ourselves, one another, and living in and creating a more caring society.